- Involvement of teachers of color in all aspects of the organization is crucial.
- Democratic decision-making processes need to be upheld, ensuring the meaningful participation of every member in systems and structures.
- Shared accountability for our actions as individuals and as an organization.
- Learning and collective action is a partnership between the students, teachers, parents, and community.
- Our actions address root causes of systems of oppression at individual, group, and societal levels (racism, sexism, homophobia, age-ism, able-ism, etc.)
- The development of our organization is based on the evolution of our individual and collective processes.