This study group will give beginning teachers an opportunity to reflect on their practice with experienced educators.
This group will create a space for beginning educators to discuss and develop their best strategies for addressing the diversity of needs in their classroom around discipline and classroom management techniques. Participants will evaluate their teaching and analyze how much of their instruction utilizes students strengths or weaknesses to learn the lesson and how that can contribute to a breakdown in the learning process. Activities will include participant evaluation of classroom space and role-plays of classroom conflict.
Facilitated by Bich Nguyen and Liana Koehler, 4th grade teachers in the SFUSD.
Some basic information about the group:
- Small in size – this group will be no larger than 10 participants. We are asking for everyone to commit to attending all sessions (dates listed below).
- This group will be run using activities and facilitation techniques that could be used with your students.
- Location details will be shared upon registration (meetings will be held in San Francisco in the Russian Hill neighbhorhood).
- We will work together to decide what topics are covered.
- Must commit to attending all sessions. Attendance is essential to maintain community and momentum for the group. Please Respect all our time.
- This study group is open to any educator who works with children or adults.
- This group will be limited to 10 individuals.
Dates for this Study Group are: (all sessions are from 6:00 to 8:00)
- 11/3/11 (Study Group Launch Date)