In this study circle, K-Adult educators will build a repository of curriculum based on the history, culture and people of Haiti. We will store lesson plans in language arts, social studies, math and science, on a wiki devoted exclusively to the Why Teach Haiti? Study Circle. The discussion board will be a site to share best practices fueled by our classroom experiences this past school year. In addition, the Study Circle is a place to foster learning the history of Haiti and its relationship to the United States throughout its existence. Finally, this space is to be used to address the additional needs of the participating Circle educators, as they become evident.
Facilitated by Patricia Barthaud, Adult Education teacher, Special Ed. Paraprofessional, Ed.D, Human Rights Education student, University of San Francisco
Some basic information about the group:
- This is an online group of educators
- Committed to incorporating aspects of Haiti and its people into curriculum
- We will work together to make this space meaningful to our respective practices
- Must commit to participating in all check-in sessions. Participation is essential to build and maintain community momentum for the group. Please respect this important work.
- This study circle is open to any K-Adult educator.
- This study circle has no limit on number of members.
Educator Check-in dates:
- September 30, 2011
- October 31, 2011
- January 31, 2012
- April 30, 2012