Teachers in this group will use literature and the discussions of this literature as a basis for rethinking their actions in the classroom. Teachers will alternate reading fiction and non-fiction monthly. We will gather to hold a structured discussion using a protocol that allows every voice to be heard and every topic or question a participant brings to be examined. As an educator book club, we’ll make what could be difficult to do solo engaging, collaborative, reflective and fun.
Some basic information about the group:
- Small in size – this group will be no larger than 12 participants. We are asking for everyone to commit to attending all sessions (dates listed below).
- This group will be run using protocols that could be used with professional colleagues and/or high school students.
- Each session will be held at the Study Group facilitator’s home. Dinner will be provided. Please bring a beverage to share.
- Participants will have input in book selections. After the first session, a syllabus will be developed for the non-fiction texts. Voting will occur monthly for the fiction texts.
- Must commit to attending all sessions.
- This study group is open to any educator who works with children or adults.
- This group is open to 12 individuals.